It may be concluded that tadalafil has shown efficacy in the rat model of l-Methionine induced vascular dementia
How We Developed
We are often asked what happened when
- so here is a brief history.
- Steering group formed to respond to pleas for help from families of a few younger people with dementia. The group included partners, the local Alzheimer's Society branches, and Inter Agency Day Care Group, a local charity offering day care for older people.
- Research and development worker employed by Alzheimer's Society Oxfordshire Branch to research needs and location of the younger people with dementia in the county. A needs and wish list is compiled from the younger people and their families' responses.
1996 to 1998
- We plan an effective way of offering individual support and fundraise to make a small beginning.
- Launch of the one-to-one support service for younger people with dementia in Oxfordshire. Four trained support workers join the one existing worker. The Clive Project works as a service within another local charity, Inter Agency Day Care Group Oxford. We provide 920 hours of direct support.
- We are finding our feet - the one-to-one support team expands from 4 to 6, and increases the direct hours of support provided to 1750. The service is externally evaluated by Oxford Dementia Centre, with good results.
- The need for appropriate short breaks and long-term care and accommodation for younger people with dementia is researched and The Clive Homes Project group forms to address this lack of service.
- The one-to-one service expands still further to provide 2850 direct hours of support in response to increased demand.
- The first major information resource for younger people with dementia is published, and is shared with other organisations across the UK.
- The Clive Project website is launched - this proves popular and valuable to us and to site visitors.
- Work begins with our colleagues in health and social services to develop and commission a spectrum of services for younger people with dementia. We are aware that The Clive Project plays a small part and wish to link up with those who provide the other small parts!
- The Clive Project chairs the newly formed regional forum for younger people with dementia. The forum covers six central England counties and works well for the otherwise rather isolated workers who are trying to make this work a priority.
- The Clive Project Charity is established as an independent charitable company and expands its objects to include the support and care of partners and families, as well as the younger person with dementia.
- The Clive Project Club starts its monthly social activities in response to requests from the younger people to link up with others in similar situations.
- The Clive Project Exchange for partners, families and friends of people with early onset dementia pilots its first programme of informative and supportive sessions.
- The Oxfordshire commissioning for early onset dementia report, authored by The Clive Project, is published.
- As a result of the commissioning report, Oxfordshire's Early Onset Dementia Network begins. This is a multi-disciplinary resource for professionals in the county - a source of expertise for the future.
- The Clive Project Exchange - an addition to the programme - a special lecture/discussion in November and a summer picnic for one and all become part of our annual calendar.
- The Clive Project one-to-one support team expand to 8, enabling us to support twice as many individuals, and provide around 4000 hours of direct support.
- We make contact with Oxford Philomusica, an orchestra working within the local community, and plan to develop this link more in 2022.
- The Clive Project Exchange - we set up a 'learning together' workshop for the partners, family, support team and trustees on life story work. These workshops will become part of our annual calendar.
- We initiate a research project into the support needed by partners, families and friends - the service requested will be developed in 2022-2022
- The Clive Homes Project - we engage the interest of Sanctuary Housing Association in developing and building a place to offer short breaks and long term accommodation and care for younger people with dementia. This work will take us into 2022 - 2022.
2022 - 2022
2022 - 2022
The Clive Project Charity